Property owners ready to turn their vacant land into sound returns on investment are likely to find commercial development offers a great deal of potential. Whether a development is eventually intended to be offered for sale or continual income from rents is desired, one of the best places to start when considering such a project is by hiring specially skilled Charlotte architects.
The right architects in Charlotte can work with real estate developers to map out the perfect plan for a particular parcel of land. From standalone retail stores to complex master planned lifestyle centers, the best architects in Charlotte, N.C., have experience that lends itself to project success.
If it’s time for you to consider Charlotte, N.C., architects, these tips can help in the hiring process:
- Look for firms with a diversity of experience – The best architects Charlotte, N.C., has to offer will have portfolios that cover a diversity of project types. The finest have experience in everything from small commercial developments to large master planned lifestyle centers and regional malls.
- Be particular about reviewing finished work – Architecture is part science, part art. With that in mind, not every architect will have visions that suit every particular client. Take a look at finished projects and portfolios for designs that resonate.
- Working within a budget – among the most capable Charlotte architects, Bartlett, Hartley & Mulkey are well versed in staying within the developer’s budget. For a major project it may be in the millions of dollars. BHM works early on not only with the developer client but also with the contractor, developing a collaborative effort so that everyone’s expectations are in line. This often involves many subcontractors as well – specialists in parking, steel fabrication, masonry, landscaping, traffic flow, sequencing of construction and more. Often the project begins with rezoning and working with City planners and neighborhoods, requiring some sensitive and sometimes lengthy negotiations to get buy-in from all stakeholders.
- Take advantage of face-to-face consultations – One of the best ways to determine if a particular firm of Charlotte architects is the one to hire is to simply meet with them. Take advantage of the opportunity to gain a feel for how a firm works, the willingness of professionals to collaborate with clients and the level of professionalism presented. One factor that distinguishes Charlotte architects Bartlett, Hartley & Mulkey is that you can not only meet the principals up front, but also work with them and benefit from their on-going expertise throughout the life of the project.
- Consider auxiliary services provided – Some of the best architects in Charlotte, N.C., want their designs to please visually inside and out. That means they also offer interior design services. This can be an especially important feature in some projects, such as indoor malls.
Finding the right Charlotte architects for a job can result in the perfect design for any property. Taking the time to explore the possibilities is a must to find the best fit. Contact the expert team at Bartlett, Hartley & Mulkey to arrange a meeting using their online contact form or calling 704-333-5931.